SEND Remote Learning Provision
At Strand Primary Academy, we are passionate about making sure all our children can access remote learning and continue to make progress in line with their individual needs and targets. As part of our remote learning during any school closure, we offer the following additional support for children and parents;
- Places in school are offered to all our children in receipt of an EHCP
- EHCP 1:1 Zoom sessions delivered by our SENCO
- 1:1 Zoom sessions for reading, RWI interventions and focused Pivot targets
- The use of breakout rooms to support individuals social and emotional wellbeing
- Differentiated groupings that enable SEND children work with their class teacher on their PIVOT targets
Our SENCO arranges and attends weekly individual speech and language appointments between the speech therapist and families. The attendance of Miss Walker enables sessions and support to continue for the families whilst face to face appointments are not available at the present time.
- Regular welfare calls to families
- Wellbeing Wednesday - an screen free afternoon that enables families to concentrate on activities that supports positive mental health
- A 'Helping Hands' guide for parents supporting remote learning for children with SEND. The booklet can be found with the 'Related Documents' below.
If you have any worries, concerns or questions regarding your child's remote learning please contact our SENCO's Sarah Walker or Ruth Beckett at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01472 354605
- Helping Hands Booklet(6.35 MB)