About the Academy
At Strand Academy we believe that every child has the potential to achieve amazing things. The children are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to provide an education that prepares our children for the future and enables them to be successful, resourceful, responsible and resilient lifelong learners.
- to provide a safe, stimulating learning environment for all pupils and teachers;
- to enable pupils to achieve their full potential by learning in a variety of ways and through challenging learning experiences;
- to provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that will motivate, engage and challenge pupils whilst also equipping them with the skills required on leaving school;
- to set high expectations for all pupils in order to raise their aspirations;
- to ensure continued high standards of both teaching and learning.
- to promote varied and appropriate teaching methods across the academy
- to ensure all pupils needs are met and provision is adapted appropriately
- to ensure learning knowledge and skills are built upon progressively over time to ensure learning is embedded in the long term memory.
- to ensure both summative and formative assessment for learning is used consistently and productively in all lessons and in the marking of independently produced work during extended learning sessions.
Mrs Sharon Hatton
Principal of Strand Primary Academy